Have you seen a presentation in Prezi yet? You should!

Are you tired of the same old, boring Power Point presentations that hurt your eyes and would serve more effectively as a sleeping aid? 

Then you need Prezi!

A colleague of mine turned me onto it.  She saw a presentation created in Prezi and recommended I check it out.  And am I glad I did.  I just created my first presentation in Prezi and have spent the morning showing it off to my colleagues (yeah, I know, it takes very little to get me excited...).

According to its own website, Prezi is "a cloud-based presentation software that opens up a new world between whiteboards and slides. The zoomable canvas makes it fun to explore ideas and the connections between them. The result: visually captivating presentations that lead your audience down a path of discovery."  And in my opinion, that doesn't do it justice.

Prezi allows the user to post an entire presentation (including images and videos) on one canvas, while offering the unique ability to change perspective.  You can add text that is so small it isn't visible to the naked eye, until it comes time to zoom in on it during your presentation, which it does flawlessly.  It offers a navigation system that allows you to place content anywhere on the canvas and move back and forth at will.  It even recognizes when you've posted content sideways or upside down for design purposes, and will compensate during the presentation by rotating the canvas.   It adds life, color and motion to your presentations unlike anything you can do in Power Point.   Check out a few examples!

Like many online services, the basic version is free, and the more upgrades you want, the more you pay.  However, even the basic version is pretty cool, and the cost to upgrade is very reasonable, ranging from $59 a year to $159 a year.

Call me odd, but I can't wait to give my first presentation in Prezi.  I think the audience will find it more interesting than the content! 

Try it out.  Let me know what you think...