Top 10 Reasons why Marketing Gets a Bad Rap

Thanksgiving is only a few days away, so I thought that I would have some fun with this week's blog post.  For the record, I've got a great deal to be thankful for; too much to post here.  I only hope that in the future, I take the time to recognize the many gifts I've been given more than just one day a year.


Here are my top 10 reasons why marketing gets a bad rap.  These are phrases that I can't stand hearing or seeing a company say or use.

10. “If you want us to show you how to use it, that will cost you extra”

9. “That’s not what the ad said”

8. “Offer good Monday thru Thursday only, holidays excluded”

7. “If you don’t wish to receive anymore emails, please click on the link below”

6. “25% off entire stock (discount off of manufacturer suggested retail price)”

5. “25% off entire stock (after rebate)”

4. “It says right here…”

3. “Only 19.95 plus shipping and handling


2. We’d like to offer you a two month free trial (then you’ll automatically be billed for the remaining 10 months unless you call us to cancel)

1. “…with proper diet and exercise”


Feel free to add your own!  Have fun and Happy Thanksgiving!