HP webOS: Meet Enda McGrath new head of webOS developer relations, Started to hire again.

WorldWide Tech & Science. Francisco De Jesùs.


 Enda McGrath is going to be leading the webos developer relations, he joined Palm in late 2000, worked in ThinAir Apps before that, and  was an application developer creating 3rd party apps for PalmOS. He have filled a few different roles as the company has evolved. He also was a  Developer Technical Support engineer  and became head of DTS.

Enda worked on the Folio project and then the conception and birth of webOS and says: "in Developer Relations, the people on the team are amazing; many of the engineers come from the community and are passionate about webOS (as are the marketing folks who do equally great  work)."

Well, let`s us introduce himself:

Hi fellow community members, I’m Enda McGrath.


I’m excited to be leading our developer relations effort and I want to thank you for being the best developer community in the world, bar none. It has been a privilege working with you over the past several years and I look forward to the next chapter. Time and time again I am amazed at your loyalty, the awesome apps you publish to the catalog, the new widgets being submitted to the Enyo gallery, and the contributions from the open source community (among your many other attributes).


For those of you that I haven’t worked with in a support capacity, I look forward to meeting you and getting as much feedback as my inbox can handle.

I first joined Palm at the end of 2000 when they acquired a startup I was working at, ThinAir Apps. At the time I was an application developer creating 3rd party apps for PalmOS, the most successful of which was for weightwatchers.com. Since then, I’ve filled a few different roles as the company has evolved, and I’ve enjoyed every one of them.

About 6 years ago I found my home in Developer Relations as a Developer Technical Support engineer and eventually rose to become head of DTS. Initially I worked on the Folio project and then the conception and birth of webOS. Here in Developer Relations, the people on the team are amazing; many of the engineers come from the community and are passionate about webOS (as are the marketing folks who do equally great work).

We have started hiring again, too, so check out our current openings if you’re interested in joining the team!

As you can see, I’m excited, the team is excited, and we plan to build on our vibrant and passionate community. Together we will achieve something special… here is to the future and the promise it holds!